Schwarzkopf has announced the launch of its new customized hair care e-brand, My Specialist.
According to Schwarzkopf, My Specialist Hair Analysis uses advanced microscopic testing to meet the individual hair care needs of every consumer. My Specialist utilizes a specially-generated dryness and damage evaluation system to check the hair's composition which is rated on a scale of 1 to 5. Additionally, consumers are asked to fill out a questionnaire to help determine the health of their scalp.
My Specialist is currently in an exclusive partnership with Chinese online shopping site T-Mall.
How it Works
- After ordering the supply on the Schwarzkopf T-Mall page, consumers send in a sample of their hair, using the provided hair envelope, to the My Specialist lab.
- Once the sample is received, the aforementioned evaluation system focuses on both newly growing and aging parts of the hair and examines cuticle array, cuticle lift-up, cortex exposure, cuticle damage, hair thinning and hair split.
- After the evaluation is complete, consumers' hair analysis is outlined in the hair report.
- Scientists then recommend different product combinations for hair needs and choose
high-performance keratins, natural ingredients and vitamins to treat different hair conditions.
- From these recommendations, scientists will create personalized hair care products—a shampoo and nine power shots—which will be shipped to the consumer after approximately two weeks.