Gillette and Twitch, a community for multiplayer entertainment, have announced the “Gillette Gaming Alliance.”
As part of the partnership, Twitch streamers from 11 countries were selected to represent the brand and create content for viewers.
- U.S. – CourageJD - https://www.twitch.tv/couragejd
- Italy – CiccioGamer89 – https://www.twitch.tv/cicciogamer89
- Poland – IzakOOO - https://www.twitch.tv/izakooo
- Japan – Daigothebeastv - https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv
- Brazil – Jovirone - https://www.twitch.tv/jovirone
- Russia – Dendi - https://www.twitch.tv/dendi
- U.K. – b0aty - https://www.twitch.tv/b0aty
- Spain – MarkiLokurasY - https://www.twitch.tv/markilokurasy
- South Korea – Yapyap30 - https://www.twitch.tv/yapyap30
- Turkey – Mithrain - https://www.twitch.tv/Mithrain
- Germany – Papaplatte - https://www.twitch.tv/papaplatte
According to Gillette's parent company, Procter & Gamble, the Gillette Gaming Alliance will support a "Bits for Blades" promotion. The promotion allows fans to earn Twitch Bits, virtual good users can send in chat to support streamers financially, by buying select Gillette products displayed and discussed by Alliance team members.
Jaweria Ali, global marketing director at Gillette, said, "With our history of partnering with the best in class in sports and entertainment around the world, and as an early non-endemic brand playing in the gaming and esports space, Gillette is proud to take this next step with Twitch and align with the best streamers from around the world. We also can’t wait to give fans the ultimate experience at the first TwitchCon outside of the U.S. in April."
Nathan Lindberg, senior director, Global Sponsorship at Twitch, added, "The Twitch community thrives on being able to directly support their favorite streamers both emotionally and financially, and seeing that support show up on screen is an added bonus. Through ‘Bits for Blades,’ Gillette is empowering fans to completely support their favorite streamers and be recognized for it by their peers, all because of their affinity for Gillette products. That’s a win-win for everyone."