True Sons, a beard and hair dye brand, experienced its best sales ever in March and April 2020, registering nearly 300% monthly growth, per the brand. Why?
According to a True Sons spokesperson:
- Men stuck at home without barber/salon access need at-home care for their grays
- Lockdowns have provided "dye curious" men a safe opportunity to experiment with relative privacy
- Men are using quarrantines to adopt new grooming routines
- Consumers report being bored or put off by drugstore dye brands, which may not offer a subtle, natural-looking result
- Shoppers want multi-use products (see below)
- Repurchases among first-time customers stands at about 80%
The brand source notes that customers are "using True Sons for grays on their head, beards and moustaches, chest hair ... and a few other places you might imagine (though we don't necessarily advise)."