Ulta Beauty has released its 2022 Trends Report, "Uncover," with a focus on natural looks, retro styles and eco-conscious products.
Related: Beauty 2022 Top Trends Revealed
- Ulta Beauty predicts low maintenance makeup and hair styles that lend to a natural look to be popular in 2022, including pink and nude lip shades, natural blush and cheek tints in skin-like finishes.
- There is a growing interest in self care and holistic beauty and more consumers are looking for preventive treatments that can be safely done at home.
- Beauty and fashion from the 90’s is making a comeback, from butterfly clips and face-framing bangs to single-wash braids. Trending hair colors include pink blondes, soft apricot, cognac reds, cappuccino and dramatic dark violet. Gray is also in style with a move towards natural looks.
- Ulta Beauty predicts creative eye makeup, colorful eyeshadow and overlined lips will continue to trend in 2022.
- Sustainability within packaging and clean formulations will continue to trend, with a focus on packaging that looks good and can be replenished responsibly.
- Wild foraged beauty that takes a sustainable approach to source ingredients is an emerging trend in skin care, with cleansers and toners using flower extracts like calendula.
- Beauty brands will feature more community collaboration, focus on female wellness and support new and independent brands that assist underrepresented communities.