On May 22, 2014, in Rome at the inaugural Leader of the Year Awards ceremony at innoCos 2014, Global Cosmetics Community honored three leaders who are making their mark on the beauty, cosmetics, personal and oral care industries. Selected by the Global Cosmetics Community advisory board, these honorees are recognized for their impressive performance, leadership ability and the impact they are making on their organization as well as the industry.
The innoCos Leader of the Year Award was established to recognize and honor managers and leaders in the industry who have significantly contributed to the success of their company and led their teams to successful innovation. Irina Kremin, co-founder of the Global Cosmetics Community, says, “Our goal is to give these innovation leaders recognition by introducing the Leader of the Year Awards. We have the support of our distinguished jury that consists of experts from the industry, professional services and academia, and we are excited to announce the first winners for 2014.”
Below, see the Leader of the Year categories with all the finalists, and the winners’ names in bold.
- Isabella de Oliveira Vianna Cavalcanti Wanderley, marketing director, Grupo Boticário
- Mark Edwards, research and development director, GlaxoSmithKline—recognized for establishing a new category of toothpaste and developed a new method of visualizing claims
- Ralph Macchio, CSO, senior vice president, global R&D, Coty Inc.
- Alexander Kwapis, creative director, Fusion Packaging
- Joy Chen, CEO, Yes To Inc.—recognized for laying the groundwork for the turnaround to successfully reposition the brand and achieve double digit growth
- Lars Fasten, CEO, Fasten
- Charles von Abercron, global CEO and founder, GlossyBox—recognized for bridging the communication between consumers and cosmetic companies to the benefit of both
- Jamie Kern Lima, founder and CEO, IT Cosmetics
- Valerie Hoecke, senior vice president, global digital, Benefit Cosmetics
The innoCos event is a high-profile international summit featuring case study presentations by brands and retailers such as Coty, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal, Unilever, P&G, Elizabeth Arden, Sephora, Yves Rocher, Benefit Cosmetics and takes place in different cities in Europe and the U.S. every year.