Amazon's influence spans an array of industries, however, few have been as affected as the beauty and personal care industry.
According to a recent study done by Coresight Research, beauty and personal care products are second only to the book category on Amazon, thanks to younger consumers. In fact, market research firm stated that 48% of U.S. female consumers have bought beauty or personal care products on Amazon in the past 12 months.
The success of Amazon's booming beauty business could be due in part to its newly launched Prime Samples program and the fact that its mobile app is the 2nd most popular app among teens and millennials.
The Study Found...
- 36% of respondents said they had bought beauty or personal care products on Amazon in the past year;
- 26% said they had bought health products such as vitamin supplements;
- 52.5% of U.S. Prime members have purchased beauty or personal care products on Amazon in the past year;
- Prime members account for about 60% of Amazon beauty and personal care shoppers;
- 42.3% of Amazon beauty and personal care shoppers were between the ages of 18–29;
- 39.2% were between the ages of 30-44; and
- 37% of all respondents agreed that they usually try to save money when shopping for beauty products, including 51% of women, 36.1% of 18–29-year-olds and 38.9% of 30–44-year-olds.
The study reportedly analyzed 1,699 U.S. Internet users ages 18 and over.
For the full study, please visit www.homeworldbusiness.com