The New Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC) will celebrate award winners for Package of the Year at its 39th annual POY Awards Gala Thursday, Nov. 16 at the Madison Hotel in Morristown, New Jersey.
The event will include the awards presentation, Tricky Tray, live music and a celebration of more than 80 products, graphics and promotions.
Packaging students in addition to packaging executives from a range of brands and industries served on a judging panel and selected the winners of submitted products in nine different categories.
Category winners for the top gold award include:
- Color Cosmetics: Limited Edition 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette for Clarins by HCP Packaging USA, Inc.
- Food & Beverage: Ghirardelli Chocolate Gold Bar Tin for Ghirardelli Chocolate Company by Encore International
- Fragrance: Juicy Sucre for Elizabeth Arden by Verescence North America and Metal Dynamics
- Gift Sets: White Diamonds Holiday Gift & White Diamonds Coffret for Elizabeth Arden/Revlon by Color Optics A Division of Phoenix Color
- Graphics: The Thymes Line Extension for The Thymes by Quadpack Group and TricorBraun
- Health & Beauty: Tata Harper Beautifying Face Oil for Tata Harper by Quadpack Group
- Household Industrial: Basics Line by Casabella for Casabella
- Personal Care: Canale’ Stay Colorful Extender Line for Canale’ Enterprises Inc. by SeaCliff Beauty Packaging and Laboratories
- Promotional: GAF Sales Kit for GAF by NAPCO USA
Additional awards will also be presented: Silver, Bronze, Marketing Impact, Technical Merit, Visual Impact, Packaging Innovations, Stock Packaging and Honorable Mentions. All the POY submissions will be on display during the event in the awards room.
“This year’s competition was fierce; generating diverse praise and discussion from our judges especially with the intricate packaging pieces that were submitted,” said Peter Gould, committee chair, of the NJPEC POY. “We look forward to awards night, when the entire industry comes together to recognize and celebrate this year’s incredible achievements in packaging, design and engineering.”
Advanced registration is encouraged and for information, visit www.njpec.com.