Rowan is a clean "beauty" brand for dogs that offers five premium coat-care products. Notably, the product range is positioned like a typical beauty launch, including its own "free of" ingredient list.
Previously: Brooklyn Hempology Launches THC-free CBD
Rowan co-founders Michelle Arnau and Sally Clarke teamed up with board-certified veterinary dermatologist Dr. Anthea Schick and an expert chemist to create the products.
Rowan's formulas use human-grade ingredients that reportedly leave dog's coats shiny and skin nourished while also meeting the brand's "clean dog standard" to ensure all products are free from harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, silicones and dyes.
Products in the collection include:
- The Fur Wash: A hydrating wash for clean, glossy coats and nourished skin with coconut oil and argan oil.
- The Hair Wash: A conditioning wash for soft, silky and tangle-free hair with avocado oil and coconut oil.
- The Dry Shampoo: A waterless way to reduce odor and refresh coats in between baths with aloe vera and baking soda.
- The Coat Refresh: A convenient spritz to refresh and condition coats in-between baths with coconut oil and aloe vera.
- The Coat Shimmer: Everything's better with sparkles. A shimmering coat creme made with edible mica.
"At Rowan, we believe our pets deserve the same level of self-care that we give ourselves, and this commitment drives our choices every step of the way," said Rowan co-founder Michelle Arnau. "Pet grooming products are relatively unregulated and companies can manufacture whatever they deem acceptable with little to no oversight. As picky pet parents, we set out to change that by using cleaner, human-grade ingredients that work and give our pups the pampering they deserve without compromising on clean."
Schick said, "I am really excited to partner with Rowan co-founders Michelle and Sally on developing a line of clean skin and hair products for dogs with research, care, and joy. They truly understand the human-animal bond and have a curiosity about the science of skin and a passion for pets that rivals my own."