Rare Beauty Brands (founded in 2019), home of Patchology (founded in 2014), has relaunched Plant Apothecary as a botanical-forward skin care range. The "elevation," as Rare Beauty Brands CEO and president Chris Hobson puts it, includes sustainable packaging, efficacious plant-based ingredients and sustainable bonafides.
The brand revamp highlights the benefits of plants in cruelty-free, vegan formulations featuring key botanical ingredients at levels with proven efficacy, as well as enhanced scents. As Hobson notes, consumers want clean and organic products that work.
The brand has an exclusive window with the Detox Market and will expand to additional specialty retailers later. It will also eventually expand to the United Kingdom, Australia, Europe and more.
The refreshed lineup comprises five products, with body washes coming in the autumn of 2021. The current lineup includes:
- The Night Garden Sleeping Cream is formulated to restore skin vitality and radiance overnight, offering a retinol-like effect. The formulation comprises alfalfa, olive and coconut oils, squalene for moisture and balance, and chloroplastim to improve skin texture. The cream's jar comprises recyclable glass generated from an electric-powered furnace, while the box is FSC-certified, produced with eco-friendly printers and printed with soy-based inks.
- The Cloud Break Enzyme Cleanser is formulated to reawaken the skin’s clarity. The formulation comprises pineapple and papaya extract for exfoliation and brightening, aloe juice extract to soothe and calm the skin, and vitamin B5 to moisturize, soothe and support skin health. The cleanser's bottle is recyclable and produced at a low energy manufacturer with a zero-waste-to-landfill policy.
- The Virgin Skin Brightening Emulsion Serum contains 10% vitamin C to counteract dullness and sun exposure effects. The formulation includes sunflower seed, squalane and mulberry extract for antioxidant activity and skin barrier support, and alba leaf extract to soothe and brighten the skin. The serum's jar is made from fully recyclable glass in an electric powered furnace fueled by green energy, while the box is FSC-certified, produced with eco-friendly printers and printed with soy-based inks.
- The Day Maker AM Moisturizer moisturizes with plant peptides. The formulation comprises antioxidant-rich edelweiss extract to counteract environmental stressors and prevent visible signs of aging, as well as watermelon, apple and lentil fruit extract for moisturization and reducing the appearance of fine lines. The moisturizer's jar is made from fully recyclable glass in an electric powered furnace, which is fueled by green energy, while the box is FSC-certified, produced with eco-friendly printers and printed with soy-based inks.
- The Firm Believer Moisturizing Eye Cream firms and smooths the appearance of the skin around the eye area. The formulation comprises plant peptides and botanical extracts, including Centella asiatica to plump the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, as well as watermelon, apple and lentil fruit extracts that offer moisturizing benefits and help reduce the appearance of fine lines. The cream's jar is made from fully recyclable glass produced in an electric powered furnace, which is fueled by green energy. while the box is FSC-certified, produced with eco-friendly printers and printed with soy-based inks.
Ingredients (The Virgin Skin Brightening Emulsion Serum): Water (Aqua), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Isoamyl Laurate, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Behenyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Morus Alba (Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Squalane, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sodium Phytate, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Limonene, Alcohol.