The already-ardent demand for face masks is predicted to see "impressive growth" through 2026.
According to a new Persistence Market Research report, worldwide sales of face masks are predicted to bring in nearly $10.5 billion in revenue by 2026-end.
10 Factors Impacting Market Growth
- Face masks have gained popularity among the older population, spurring "enormous" opportunity for product innovation utilizing novel ingredients and formulas.
- The male population has gained a major share of the face masks market worldwide, apart from the female population.
- The demand for products providing anti-aging benefits is subsequently impacting the global market for face masks.
- Celebrity endorsements of face masks, specifically face sheet mask selfies, have helped turn these products into a popular social media trend.
- The convenience and portability of face masks have gained popularity among on-the-go metropolitan consumers.
- Face masks containing natural ingredients, including honey, aloe vera and botanical extracts, are desirable to middle-class consumers aspiring to live a higher lifestyle.
- Modern trade—supermarkets and hypermarkets—is the dominant sales channel for face masks.
- Peel-off masks are anticipated to remain the leading revenue contributing product in the market, followed by cream masks and clay masks.
- Sales of sheet masks and warm-oil masks are set to register a relatively faster expansion through 2026.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) will continue to dominate the global face mask market, accounting for more than 80% of the market.
The report also found that tubes are the preferred packaging choice for sheet masks, however, sales of jars and bottles for face masks will expand through 2026.
Additionally, the report stated that the development of multipurpose products meant to address sagging skin, dry lines, blemishes, wrinkles and pores, are on the rise.
For the full report, please visit www.persistencemarketresearch.com.