Mazur Group hosted its bi-annual Beauty Biz Roundtable 17 (BBR17) on Wed., April 25, 2018, at Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica Hotel. The event was co-sponsored by Global Cosmetic Industry.
The event featured executives from companies including Algenist, Ouai Haircare and the Sephora Collection addressing the beauty industry’s hottest topics in influencer marketing, app development, PR, clean beauty, operational management and entrepreneurship, among others.
"Our BBR series is the only platform that truly offers a sense of community and idea-sharing in the beauty industry,” said Frances Mazur, CEO of Mazur Group. “Our goal is to provide invaluable connections for the beauty industry as a whole. After every BBR event, we see both current and new businesses flourish and powerful partnerships form.”
Roundtables were led by industry-leading experts including:
- Trina Albus, Founder & President/Magenta Agency - "Breaking through the Noise with Influencer Marketing”
- Elizabeth Ashmun, President/Moon Juice - "Developing and Maintaining a Purpose-driven Culture”
- Nimrod Basri, Founding & CEO/Make USA - "Day 1: The Operational Perspective of Building a Company”
- Joe Cloyes & Greg Gonzalez, Co-Founders/Youth To The People - "Looking Beyond the Influencer and the Micro-Influencer to The FOTB's (Friends of The Brand)"
- Amy Denoon, CEO/Beach House PR - "Socially Savvy - 5 Things to Build a Better Beauty Brand on Social"
- Jill Dunk, Partner/The Pienza Collective – “How to Build your Army in a Gig Economy”
- Jessica Goldin, SVP of Marketing/Beautycounter - "The Trend Towards Clean Beauty – Where is the Industry Headed?"
- Annie Jackson, COO/Credo Beauty – “Who Shops for Clean Beauty and How to Meet their Demanding Standards”
- Margaret Kress, CEO/Toppik – “From Labor of Love – To Ready for Sale”
- Sasha Plavsic, Founder & Creative Director/ILIA Beauty – “Clean Beauty – A Dialogue on What It Means to Be Clean”
- Thomas Rankin, Co-Founder & CEO/Dash Hudson – “How the World’s Best Beauty Brands are Dominating on Instagram”