It's hard to keep up with the state of beauty retail. One day online beauty vendors, with their next day delivery, seem to be on top. The next day brick-and-mortar locations, with their high-tech, experiential installations, regain consumers' favor.
As beauty consumers evolve into multi-channel shoppers, retailers must hone their services to make each path to purchase as seamless as possible.
A Closer Look at Beauty Retail
- Sixty-one percent of makeup shoppers go in-store to evaluate products, compared to 36% for online channels.
- Fifty-five percent of shoppers go to physical retail for product evaluations, with 30% doing so online.
- Sixty-five percent of makeup consumers discover new products in-store.
- Thirty-six percent of shoppers discover products online.
- Eighty-five percent of 2017 retail sales were made in the brick and mortar channel.
- Traditional retailers are utilizing more in-store technologies while once online-only exclusives, such as Glossier and KKW Beauty, are establishing pop-up or permanent brick-and-mortar retail stores, to have a better dialogue with customers.
During Beauty Accelerate, brands interested in strengthening retail partnerships and unlocking beauty consumers carts can attend two sessions focused on achieving these goals.
- Expert Panel: What the Beauty Retailer Wants—Featuring Annie Jackson, Credo Beauty; Heather Connelly, CosBar; and Jeb Gleason-Allured, Global Cosmetic Industry
- Driving Digital Dollars: The Beauty Consumer’s Path to Purchase—Hosted by Rina Yashayeva, Stella Rising
What is Beauty Accelerate?
Beauty Accelerate pairs a cosmetic product development conference with a series of expert-led, intimate round table discussions. Add to this a boutique-style showcase of cutting-edge product concepts, and Beauty Accelerate will inspire brands and make connections that fuel creative excellence.
The 2019 Beauty Accelerate Pre-show Program is now LIVE! Check out what is inside here.