COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, is impacting every industry, including beauty, from retail patterns to supply chains and beyond. Because the situation is changing daily, if not hourly, Global Cosmetic Industry will provide regular updates from across the internet on everything from brand responses to general strategy resources. In all cases, the editors will endeavor to provide the latest and most accurate information.
April 20, 2020
April 17, 2020
- P&G Q3 2020 Sales Increase 5% to $17.2 Billion.
- Gattefossé Takes Steps to Remain Open Despite COVID-19.
- Adapting to Rapid Change for Health & Beauty Brands.
April 16, 2020
- L’Oréal is Helping Small Businesses and Front-line Workers.
- Solo Laboratories Formats Hand Sanitizer Pouch to Fight COVID-19.
- Albéa Joins Global Effort to Provide Packaging for Hand Sanitizer.
- L’Oréal E-commerce Grows 53% Amid Q1 Sales Decline.
- LVMH Execs Forgo Pay, Q1 2020 Beauty Sales Drop 19%.
April 15, 2020
- Estée Lauder on Reopening Asian Retail, COVID-19 Response.
- Hero Cosmetics Gives Back to Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19.
- Ulta Furloughs Staff Amid COVID-19 Outbreak.
- schülke's U.S. Manufacturing Facility Fully Functional During COVID-19.
April 14, 2020
- The Most Popular Beauty Products During COVID-19 Quarantine.
- Did COVID-19 Just Change Online Beauty Retail Forever?
- Johnson & Johnson to Advance Work on COVID-19 Vaccine.
- UPDATE: Coty Cuts Some Exec & Board Pay Amid COVID-19.
- Hand Sanitizer Price Gouging or Social Media Overreaction?
April 13, 2020
- Kopari Launches COVID-19 Giveback Efforts.
- Cosmetic Alliance Canada Targets COVID-19.
- [podcast] COVID-19 and Cosmetics: A View from Cosmetic Valley.
- BASF Manufactures Hand Sanitizer for New York & New Jersey.
April 10, 2020
- SheaMoisture $1M Relief Fund To Keep Minority-owned Businesses Afloat.
- Givaudan Releases Q1 2020 Results, Sees Growth Despite COVID-19 Pandemic.
April 9, 2020
- Hand Sanitizer Sales Lift South Korea’s Cosmetics Industry.
- Suppliers and Manufacturers: Let Us Help.
April 8, 2020
- in-cosmetics Global 2020 has been postponed further to October 6-8, 2020.
- Cosmetics Bounce Back in China: New Data.
- COVID-19 Provides Major Opportunities for Digital Content Strategies.
- 5 Beauty Categories Make Stacklines' Top 100 E-Commerce Leaders.
April 7, 2020
- Sephora Lays Off 3,754 US Employees During COVID-19 Closures.
- Self-care to Become 'New Normal' Following Coronavirus Pandemic.
- [NPD data] Self-care Products Drive Beauty Sales During Quarantine.
April 3, 2020
- The Hut Group Donates £10M of COVID-19 Aid.
- [Kline Data] Beauty Sales to See 'Steepest Decline' in 60+ Years.
April 2, 2020
- Interesting Twists Amidst the COVID-19 Flux: Editor's Opinion.
- Lush Pauses Business Amid COVID-19 Outbreak.
- The Perfume Shop Halts E-commerce Orders Due to COVID-19.
- Shiseido to Announce Revised 2020 Outlook By End of Q2.
April 1, 2020
March 31, 2020
- e.l.f. Beauty Reaffirms 2020 Results, Braces for Fiscal 2021.
- L’Oréal Postpones General Meeting, Suspends 2020 Guidance.
- Macy's Furloughs Staff to Mitigate COVID-19 Financial Impact.
March 30, 2020
- L'Oreal to Honor Employment in France: Report.
- Makeup Brands Respond to Influx of Face Masks.
- Mary Kay Combats COVID-19, Donates Hand Sanitizer.
March 27, 2020
- Kylie, KKW, ColourPop, Jeffree Star & More Face Fulfillment Shutdown.
- CHI Haircare Creates Hand Sanitizers for Coronavirus Relief.
- Naked Retail Launches Care Package Sets as COVID-19 Closes Stores.
- China's Beauty Appetite Bounces Back from COVID-19 Chaos.
March 26, 2020
- Kylie Jenner Donates $1 Million to COVID-19 Relief.
- COVID-19 and pricing trends.
- Unilever Gives More Than €100 Million to Combat Coronavirus.
March 25, 2020
- Coty Produces Hand Sanitizer for Medical Services Due to COVID-19.
- Grande Cosmetics Donates to Feeding America as COVID-19 Relief.
- How Companies Can Speed the EU Disinfectants Supply.
- Speak Out: How Are You Dealing with the Coronavirus?
- 10 Ways Beauty Professionals Can Stay Afloat During COVID-19 Outbreak.
March 24, 2020
- Estée Lauder Aids COVID-19 Relief with $2 Million Donation.
- Inter Parfums Withdraws 2020 Guidance Amid COVID-19 Pandemic.
March 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Causes Decline in Beauty Product Purchases.
- Coty's coronavirus response.
- John Lewis stores temporarily close.
- Mynd Spa Files for Bankruptcy, Lays Off All Employees.
- Packaging Sourcing During the Coronavirus Outbreak.
March 20, 2020
- U.S. Manufacturers Push to Stay Open Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty.
- ICMAD Survey Data: COVID-19 Impact on Beauty.
March 19, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 13, 2020
- Sephora updates rules around coronavirus.
- Jojoba Desert statement.
- Cosmoprof Bologna pushes back to September.
- Glossier CEO announces retail location closures.
March 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
- Top Hair, related shows postponed due to coronavirus.
- MAC makeup artists lay down brushes to stop spread of disease.
- Google search trends in the age of the coronavirus.
March 9, 2020
March 6, 2020
March 5, 2020
March 4, 2020
March 3, 2020
A recent report from Euromonitor notes that the coronavirus outbreak in China appears to have impacted the market’s beauty and personal care sales, which expanded at 9% in 2019.
However, the analysis described demand as “more rigid,” which could fuel a comeback once infection rates diminish.
Winners have included hand sanitizers and liquid soaps, but long-term innovation could include “healthy beauty” products that promote ingredients that deliver wellbeing benefits.
March 2, 2020
February 28, 2020
- Coronavirus will boost ecommerce sales.
- How to prepare your workforce for coronavirus.
- Coronavirus makeup tutorials proliferate.
- Malls could suffer under coronavirus fears.
February 27, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 24, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 19, 2020
February 6, 2020
January 31, 2020
January 27, 2020