L’Occitane International S.A. (L’Occitane) has released its unaudited trading update for the six months ending Sept. 30, 2018.
Among the highlights:
- Net sales were reported at €595.4 million, up 12.4% over the previous year
- The U.S. (65.8%), Hong Kong (18.6%), China (14.1%) and Russia (11.8%) were among the markets with the highest sales
- Sales in the U.S. were driven by LimeLife and the core L’Occitane en Provence brand
- Growth in Hong Kong was driven by travel retail; growth in China saw contribution from all channels, supported by the launch of the Immortelle Reset serum, brand ambassadors Liu Shishi and Lu Han, and web partner JD.com
- The group’s own store network remained at 1,555 locations; 88 stores were refurbished or relocated, compared to 97 stores during the same period in 2017
Reinold Geiger, chairman and CEO, commented: “We are delighted to see the successful launch of the Immortelle Reset serum and that it is already one of our bestsellers globally. It demonstrates the effectiveness of our hero product strategy, which aims to boost customer recruitment, brand awareness and our face care image. It was also an important contributor to the broad-based improvement in many key markets. This leaves us in good stead for the stronger sales that we normally see in the second half of the financial year.”