Gore Range Capital, which is seeking skin health investments, has announced its expansion of its industry advisory board (IAB), adding skin care experts for the launch of Gore Range Capital Fund II.
Related: Barry Arkles Resumes Gelest CEO Role
Joining the IAB for Fund II are:
- April W. Armstrong, MD, a board-certified dermatologist and associate dean of clinical research at Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California. Armstrong is an expert on psoriasis as she serves a director of the psoriasis program at USC. Armstrong is also an expert on atopic dermatitis and inflammatory skin diseases.
- Neal Bhatia, MD, a board-certified dermatologist in San Diego, California. Bhatia currently serves as director clinical dermatology at Therapeutics Clinical Research as well as chief medical editor of practical dermatology. Bhatia's specialties include immunology with interests in skin cancer, mechanisms of therapy and medical dermatology.
- Joel L. Cohen, MD, a board-certified dermatologist in Denver, Colorado and is fellowship-trained in aesthetic dermatology and Mohs micrographic surgery. He currently serves as associate professor department of dermatology at University of California Irvine.
- Seemal R. Desai, MD, a diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and a board-certified dermatologist in Plano, Texas. Dr. Desai has particular expertise with skin of color and currently serves on the board of directors of the American Academy of Dermatology, the board of directors of the Skin of Color Society as well as the board of directors of the Women’s Dermatologic Society.
- Aaron S. Farberg, MD, a board-certified dermatologist in Dallas, Texas and is fellowship-trained in cutaneous oncology, Mohs micrographic surgery and plastic surgery. Currently, Farberg serves as a faculty dermatological surgeon at Texas Dermatology Associates at Baylor University Medical Center.
- Gary Goldenberg, MD, a board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist in New York City, New York and an assistant clinical professor of dermatology at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Robert Moccia, the president, CEO and co-founder of Encore Dermatology, Inc. Moccia has more than 35 years of global pharmaceutical experience, including at Medicis Pharmaceuticals, Graceway Pharmaceuticals, Precision Dermatology and Bioglan Pharmaceuticals.
The members will be joining Darrell Rigel, MD who currently serves as the chair of the IAB as well as Lawrence Kauvar, Ph.D.
Ethan Rigel, founder and manager partner of Gore Range, said, “We are extremely pleased. These world-class clinicians and executive managers represent the current and future leaders in the fields of skin health, the science of aging, clinical dermatology and aesthetic medicine, and serve as stewards of the industry through their various local, national and global leadership roles and educational platforms. Their experience and insights make them invaluable partners.”