Tribe Dynamics has announced the 10 skin care brands with the most earned media value (EMV) for December 2018.
EMV is Tribe Dynamics' proprietary metric for quantifying the estimated value of consumer engagement with digital earned media.
The Top 10 Skin Care Brands
- Tatcha's EMV increased by 147% YoY to reach $9.8 million
- Farsáli's EMV increased by 43% YoY to reach $4.6 million
- Drunk Elephant's EMV increased by 267% YoY to reach $4.3 million
- Glamglow's EMV decreased by 33% YoY to reach $4.2 million
- Loving Tan's EMV decreased by 7% YoY to reach $3.7 million
- Kiehl's' EMV decreased by 15% YoY to reach $3.3 million
- Bath & Body Works' EMV increased by 36% YoY to reach $2.7 million
- Fresh's EMV increased by 4% YoY to reach $2.68 million
- Pixi Beauty's EMV increased by 120% YoY to reach $2.67 million
- Foreo's EMV decreased by 7% YoY to reach $2.2 million
During the 2018 holiday season, skin care brands participating in collaborative giveaways with beauty influencers saw significant growth in terms of EMV.
- Loving Tan jumped from No. 8 in November to No. 5 in December, boosted by its appearance in star beauty guru Jaclyn Hill’s "12 Days of Christmas" giveaway.
- Giveaway content helped Pixi Beauty achieve 99% month-over-month growth, ultimately resulting in the brand’s first appearance in the Top 10 since March 2018.
- Giveaway content helped to generate $561.8k, or 21% of Fresh’s $2.7M December haul.