CVS Pharmacy is rolling out its Skin Care Center prestige beauty shop-in-shop at three locations.
Skin Care Center was developed to help consumers address individual skin needs with tools, education and products previously found only in prestige beauty retail—alongside clinically proven mass skin care brands.
Skin Care Center features include:
- Prestige brands such as Wander Beauty, Blume and Volition Beauty.
- Mass market brands such as CeraVe, La Roche-Posay and Vichy.
- On-site skin diagnostic tools to help consumers assess their specific needs and identify customized skin solutions from SkinScope and ModiFace’s Derm Skin analyzer.
- Guidance from CVS Beauty Consultants—including licensed estheticians—all trained in diagnostics by L’Oreal experts.
- Innovative navigational elements, including signage “stories."
- In-store testing experiences and custom sample offerings.
- In-fixture purchasing via mobile POS.
CVS Pharmacy has also launched a pilot program with Revieve to offer skin diagnostic and make-up virtual try-on experiences. This pilot will launch in all 600 CVS Beauty Service Stores, which feature a fleet of beauty sale consultants.
The Skin Care Center format is now in select CVS Pharmacy locations in New York, New York; Woodland Hills, California and Walnut Creek, California.
Andrea Harrison, VP of merchandising, beauty and personal care at CVS Health, said, "With the success of our BeautyIRL store formats, we’re making a move to provide new health-focused, innovative offerings with our Skin Care Center, an elevated in-store experience designed to help customers navigate personal skin health solutions. We have a proven ability to influence the industry and we’ll continue to expand that impact through customized experiences and purpose-led commitments that inspire trust, discovery, self-expression and confidence in our customers.”
Patricia Santos, founder at Volition Beauty, said, "We're delighted to have been selected as one of the few brands pioneering CVS' new Skin Care Center retail concept. If there is one thing that we’ve learned about retail from the COVID pandemic, it's that consumers want to shop prestige beauty in convenient retail locations where they already shop. The CVS Skin Care Center offers Volition Beauty adjacencies with dermatologist tested and recommended brands that serve to reinforce the clinical performance of our formulas."