Customers stepping inside Smashbox's news store in Venice, California, will quickly realize that this is not just another beauty store, it's a beauty store made for the digital era.
According to an article written for the LA Times, the store was inspired by Smashbox Studios, where the company has been creating its cosmetic products for over 25 years, with the hopes of bringing some of the company's culture to fans and shoppers.
- The store is equipped with lighting that will adjust to the lighting temperature that shoppers will be in when wearing the makeup look
- The store has makeup services and makeup schools
- A photography service allows shoppers to have their headshots done on Saturdays
- When a customer makes a purchase, Smashbox allows them to "Gloss with Purchase," meaning they can create their own personalized shade of lipgloss
- The store features a video wall that allows visitors to shoot a video and have it displayed on the wall all day long
- Machines are in rotation that will create 3D-printed lipstick in unique designs and personalized packaging with words or patterns
- The store has all 390 Smashbox Cosmetics products in its inventory as well as products that are unique only to the store
For more information please visit: www.latimes.com