Customization is a leading consumer need impacting the beauty industry. Now, Mink, which previously released a 3-D printer for makeup, has introduced its Makeup Hacker Startup Kit ($55) that allows for quick, simple customization.
Available in 2017, the set includes four pigments, which can be precision-applied to consumers' existing products per directions offered on an accompanying app and measured by a special dial device. Once the pigment is added, it can be blended into the existing product with a brush to create the desired hue.
The entire process, per a Mink video, takes about a minute. The company describes it as the "easiest and most exciting way to instantly expand your makeup collection."
According to Mink, the kit allows users to:
- Create a darker, summer shade of your holy grail foundation Instantly dupe trending colors from Instagram onto your favorite makeup formulas
- Create the perfect contour or highlighter straight from the foundation that you love
- Turn that bright berry liquid lipstick into the perfect vampy fall shade (or a statement making blue!)
- Transform your holy grail concealer into your holy grail color correcting cream
- Create duo, trio or quad eyeshadow combos from a single shade Resurrect a discontinued color!
- Transform your blush into a bronzer
- Finally try that ombre lip Invent the next pizza highlighter and SO SO much more! + additional details