L'Oréal USA announced its open call nominations for the second annual L'Oréal USA Women in Digital Next Generation Awards and the opportunity to be one of three honorary recipients. L'Oréal USA Women in Digital is an initiative that focuses on women working in digital marketing, technology and IT functions. The program offers opportunities for women entrepreneurs to address the beauty industry with technology created by women that engage connected female consumers.
The entry period is open April 3 through May 20 on www.lorealwomenindigital.com. Additionally, through the L'Oréal Next Lab, all nominations will be considered for future partnership to continue its support of female owned and co-owned technology companies.
"L'Oréal has the opportunity to make a difference and to support women in technology," said Rachel Weiss, vice president, digital strategy and innovation at L'Oréal USA and chair of L'Oréal USA Women in Digital program. "Through the L'Oréal USA Women in Digital program, our mission is to revolutionize the digital space and path-to-purchase by continuing to support rising female entrepreneurs in technology and innovation that will shape the next generation of the beauty industry."
In 2013, the L'Oréal USA Women in Digital program will award three women-led companies with the opportunity to pilot their technology with L'Oréal brands, to be introduced to investors and executives, and receive mentorship from advisory board members and program partners.
For this year's Next Generation Awards, L'Oréal USA Women in Digital is looking to recognize best-in-class women-operated companies that can help the program engage with connected consumers with the following objectives for L'Oréal USA (one or more):
- Create a digital experience helping beauty shoppers choose and purchase beauty products in mass retailers, hair salons, online or at beauty counters and specialty stores.
- Leverage and gather data to help us acquire new customers across our portfolio of brands.
- Provide a new channel for customer acquisition or loyalty for beauty customers across all digital platforms, mobile and emerging technology.
- Able to create technology to help diagnose and recommend beauty regimens for skincare analysis, makeup and hair color trials driving to online or in-store purchase.
- Any disruptive technology that we may not even know about today.
Final nominees and winners will be selected using a scorecard judged by a panel of L'Oréal USA executives, venture capital partners and L'Oréal USA Women in Digital’s board of advisors. The honorees will be announced and celebrated at an invitation-only event attended by digital industry leaders, investors, L'Oréal top executives and press.