In a time where social media is helping to reshape beauty product development, Mary Kay was recently voted Best Pinterest, Best YouTube and Best App at the 2016 #beauty20 Awards in Los Angeles.
Mary Kay Social Media Breakdown
- Mary Kay has approximately 95,000 followers.
- The account provides makeup tutorials, tips, visuals and photography.
- It helped garner nearly 45,000 clicks to Mary Kay’s website over the past year.
- Since its launch in 2009 the channel has generated 11.1 million views.
- Video content includes product information and inspiring stories from Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants.
The Virtual Makeover App
- The app has been downloaded 7 million times.
- Users can upload their photo and create a personalized look using Mary Kay products.
"With the explosion of social media, customers now dictate which digital channels they engage through, so it's paramount that beauty brands engage customers in innovative and creative ways to differentiate themselves from their competitors," said Irina Kremin, co-founder of Global Cosmetics Community and director of innoCos events. "The #beauty20 Awards recognize the most ground-breaking innovation in digital marketing by beauty brands and we are thrilled that Mary Kay has been honored for a fourth straight year."