Beiersdorf has announced plans to build new a company headquarters and research center in Hamburg-Eimsbüttel.
- The project will cost €230 million
- The location will have a total area of 100,000 square meters with nearly 3,000 working places
- The project also includes an additional office building, a research facility and a two-level underground parking garage
- The company will expand its research and development capacities in Hamburg by 11,000 square meters to reach a total of 45,000 square meters
- Construction is to begin this year and conclude in 2021
Stefan F. Heidenreich, CEO of Beiersdorf AG, was quoted saying, “With the construction of our new headquarters in Hamburg, Beiersdorf is sending a clear signal about its future growth. We have been very successful in recent years. We have significantly expanded our international business, developed outstanding innovations and put Beiersdorf on a stable and profitable growth path. This is the result of all our employees’ hard work. Building a new headquarters shows the confidence we have in our business strengths. With this major investment, we are also expressing our commitment to Hamburg and Germany as business locations. Beiersdorf and Hamburg are connected by their open-mindedness and internationality. It’s a good fit.”