Inter Parfums, Inc. has announced that net sales increased by 13.4% to $157.6 million for the 2016 third quarter. The 2015 third quarter saw net sales at a total of $138.9 million.
Jean Madar, chairman and CEO of Inter Parfums attributed the increase to the following:
- The debut of Coach's signature women’s scent, Coach
- Montblanc, Inter Parfum’s largest brand, had a solid performance with the Legend fragrance family including, Legend Spirit, launched earlier in 2016.
- There was a large demand for Eau de Rochas and Rochas Man in Spain and France
- Lanvin brand sales were up slightly due to the launch of the Modern Princess line primarily in France
- Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire had a more than 50% increase in third quarter brand sales compared to the 2015 third quarter
He added, “New brands accounted for most of the 19% increase in U.S. based product sales, most notably the international rollout of the Abercrombie & Fitch men’s scent, First Instinct, and the Hollister fragrance duo, Wave. Many of the Hollister namesake stores domestically and internationally are now carrying Wave, and First Instinct recently debuted at the Abercrombie & Fitch flagship stores in New York, Paris, Milan and London. In addition to new brands, Dunhill consistently contributes to our top line growth. Comparable quarter brand sales rose 12% owing to the strength of the Dunhill Icon fragrance franchise, which we are expanding with brand extensions such as Icon Elite that launched in the third quarter.”