As brands and retailers gear up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, consumers, too, are formulating a game plan.
A recent survey, conducted by Influenster, polled 4,463 U.S. consumers, on Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping habits, including go-to brands/retailers, online reviews and what devices they plan to make purchases on, among other topics.
- 67% of all respondents plan on participating in both Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping;
- 14.94% plan on only shopping Black Friday;
- 13.59% plan only shopping Cyber Monday;
- 95.75% of people check online reviews prior to making online purchases;
- 83.89% of people check online reviews prior to making in-store purchases;
- 92.72% of Cyber Monday shoppers have been searching the internet for deals ahead of the big day;
- 92.64% of Black Friday shoppers have been searching the internet for deals ahead of the big day;
- 53.22% of Cyber Monday shoppers plan on shopping from a mobile device/tablet; and
- 46.78% of Cyber Monday shoppers plan on shopping from a laptop/desktop.
- 72.31% plan to purchase cosmetics and fragrances on Black Friday; and
- 63.63% plan to purchase cosmetics and fragrances on Cyber Monday.
Top 5 cosmetics brands people plan to buy
- 27.65% - tarte Cosmetics
- 26.89% - Urban Decay
- 23.61% - ColourPop
- 17.61% - MAC Cosmetics
16.04% - Benefit Cosmetics
Top 5 favorite retailers to shop at on Black Friday overall
- 44.86% - Target
- 30.96% - Walmart
- 26.73% - Ulta
- 26.71% - Sephora
12.95% - TJ Maxx
The top retailers for online shopping this Cyber Monday overall
- 88.37% - Amazon
- 14.85% - Wayfair
- 13.66% - eBay
- 10.50% - ASOS
2.61% - Revolve
For more information, please visit www.influenster.com.