The seventh annual report examined CEW’s 10,000-plus U.S. members (men and women), as well as 24 Seven’s network of beauty professionals.
The 2019 Beauty Job Market Report
- Ninety-one percent of respondents were female with an average age of 36;
- Sixty-eight percent of workers reported a salary increase in the last 12 months;
- Median total compensation rose by 7.4% for full-time employees;
- Sixty-two percent of employees anticipate raises in the 6.5% range in the coming year;
- Managers predict raises will be around 4%;
- Fifty percent stated that their company compensates fairly based on gender and/or race;
- Forty percent stated that their company sets compensation accurately;
- Fifty-four percent stated that their employer offers maternity leave for six weeks or less;
- Forty-two percent stated that their employer offers maternity leave for seven weeks or more;
- Forty-one percent stated that their employer offers paternity leave;
- Eighty-seven percent said they were confident in their ability to secure a comparable or better job in today’s market;
- Forty-three percent said they were determined to make a job move in the next 12 months;
- Fifty-nine percent said they believe their employer is loyal to them; and
- Thirty-seven percent said they feel clear loyalty to their employer.
The Top Job Roles Sought by Employers:
1. Marketing/digital marketing
7. Research & development
8. Market research and consumer insights
9. Production/sourcing and product development
For the full report, please visit www.CEW.org.