The recipients include:
- Bria Macklin: Researches in data science and biotechnology at the Gladstone Institutes.
- Taylor Medwig-Kinney: Researches biology at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Joscelyn Mejías: Researches biomedical engineering at John Hopkins University.
- Jessleen Kanwal: Researches biology and biological engineering at the California Institute of Technology.
- Caitlin Kowalski: Researches microbiology at the University of Oregon.
The recipients will be recognized at an awards ceremony hosted by CBS Evening news anchor and managing editor, Norah O'Donnell, at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library in Washington D.C. on November 16, 2023.
Marissa Pagnani McGowan, L'Oréal Groupe's chief sustainability officer for North America, said, "L'Oréal USA is proud to recognize this 20th Anniversary milestone of the For Women in Science program. This initiative has become a hallmark for our company, which for two decades has given women in STEM the visibility and resource contributions needed to help them excel in their fields, advance their careers and establish themselves as leaders and role models for the next generation of girls and young women. We are delighted to showcase this exceptional class of FWIS awardees, who will undoubtedly carry on this legacy, complete groundbreaking research and inspire others to impact the world through their game-changing science."
Travis York, director of Inclusive STEMM Ecosystems for Equity & Diversity at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), said, "From all of us here at AAAS, we are incredibly grateful for L'Oréal's investment of more than $5M to women scientists in the postdoctoral stage of their careers. Together, we have ensured that 100 women have had the financial security and support to become the scientists they always dreamed of being and serving society through their research efforts."